Fit and Healthy after 40.
We have decided to start this Blog/Vlog to commit ourselves to stay fit and healthy and to inspire as many people as possible to join us in our journey.
Hello, I am Vikki 🙂 I am 56, and 3 years ago I lost 60 pounds with the help of Weight Watchers and Jessica Smith’s Tv YouTube videos. I have 3 fantastic Grand babies and they are the main reason I lost the weight, and I am working hard to keep healthy and fit.
So, why Jessica Smith?
I went to a Gym. I was on the Treadmill. Behind me two young very fit girls said “Why do they allow fat people here, she should use You Tube.” So that’s how I found Jessica. Love her!
Keeping it off is hard, but always remember, 80% of being healthy is the food you eat and 20% is fitness. It’s very hard to out run your fork and spoon.
So, here are my top tips to stay fit and healthy:
1. Find an activity that you like and stick with it. It doesn’t matter if its dancing, yoga, HIIT, walking or running, and do it at least 3 times a week. I tend to exercise 30 minutes per day, 6 times a week. Sunday is a rest day for me.
2. Eat clean 80% and give yourself a small indulgence of 20%. Remember that portion control is very crucial to lose weight. Grasp for good quality and healthy food, not quantity.
3. Never drink soda! Make a rule for yourself that you will never, ever drink sodas. They are so bad for you. Even diet sodas.
4. Relax and sleep well, because rest days and a good night of sleep are so important for weight lost
My name is Tamara and I currently live in Banja Luka – Bosnia and Herzegovina.
I am 42 years old and have been pretty much into sport and fitness all my life.
After a death in my family I have been under a lot of stress and sadness and got very sick when I was 36 years old. I ended up in hospital in Belgrade for 14 days. Luckily, I recovered very quickly, but the fear of getting sick again has made me start this Blog and Youtube Channel.
Due to my misfortune at 36 I am not allowed to exercise rigorously, such as lifting very heavy weights, do extreme HIIT training or extreme yoga poses, but I can do normal, moderate, everyday fitness with little challenges.
I enjoy very much working out with Lucy Wyndham Read, but I also like long walks and long and slow cardio sessions on my indoor bike and strider.
I enjoy doing challenges (not extreme), sticking to them and finishing them.
Challenges are very good to build physical endurance and mental strength.
We are inviting you to join us on our journey, where we will share our fitness routine, food we eat, fitness challenges, recipes and many more things.
We would like to develop a health and fitness community for women over 40, but everyone else is more then welcome to join us.
Let’s do this together and become the best version of US after 40.
If you would like to share your story, please do so in the comment below. We would like to hear your journey to good health.
Love yourself enough to eat a healthy diet and even if you hate exercise you will love these.
– Lucy Wyndham-Read, YouTube Fitness Expert