This is a great and healthy alternative to potato mash.
I am having this today for lunch as a complement to my stewed chicken breast. I am not a great fan of kale but with these ingredients this mash tastes absolutely amazing.
Blue cheese and sunflower seeds give it an amazing kick.
I really love the flavour of the blue cheese and kale combined together and the crunchiness of the sunflower seeds.
Try this recipe. You will not regret it.
- 1 small head of kale
- 1 frozen bag of green peas (about 400grams)
- 1/2 cup of yogurt (greek yogurt) – you might need a bit more depending how much kale you have
- 2 cloves of garlic
- handful of sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of blue cheese (I used Bovizola but you can use any kind of blue cheese)
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt (or any salt, I like using Himalayan salt)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
Fill half a large pot with water, then add your washed and chopped kale.
Then add frozen green peas. Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 30 minutes or until the kale and peas are throughly cooked.
Strain the vegetables and then place them in your blender. Put the rest of the ingredients on top of the kale and peas.
Blend it all together for 2-4 minutes until you reach your desired consistency.
Your super delicious healthy kale smash is ready to be served.
You can play with the amount of ingredients, depending on your taste and how much kale you use.
This was perfect for my small kale head and frozen bag of peas.
Maybe you would like to add less garlic? But I love garlic.
If you like this recipe, share it with your friends and let me know what did you cook today?
Enjoy, until the next recipe.